burger chute

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Why is Morrissey more important to me than God?

1. I really like The Smiths album 'The Queen is Dead' and Morrissey's 'Kill Uncle' - I am not such a big fan God's book, in particular Deuteronomy, Zechariah or Galatians, although Ezra is a hoot but it's nowhere near as touching as 'Girlfriend in a coma', or as joyous as 'Hand in Glove'.

2. The Bible may be helpful on a dreary weekend, but only Morrissey truly understands that everyday is like Sunday.

3. Nothing, but nothing sounds like the guitar on 'How soon is now?', not even the word 'God' that was in the beginning and that.

4. Jesus may have asked his father to forgive us, but only when Morrissey said he'd forgiven Jesus did anyone really listen.

5. The Bible has some nice lines in it like, 'Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox', but nothing in it can compare even one iota to, 'I crashed down on the crossbar and the pain was enough to make a shy, bald Buddhist reflect and plan a mass-murder.'

6. For many years I only had faith to propel my belief in Morrissey, and then I saw him to be real and my faith was rewarded with a medley of 'What difference does it make?', 'Reel around the fountain' and 'How soon is now?'.

7. I don't believe in the supernatural or the possibility of The Smiths reforming. We just have to grow up as a species and accept Moz and Marr will never be together again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home